Valentines Day Dinner for 2
The national love and romance day is coming up …got any plans? My husband and I every year tell ourselves that we are going out but some of the best times spent with him are the ones where we share a bottle of wine and order Chinese and Stay Home.!!!! So my husband and I have Decied this year instead of making reservations and still waiting to be seated and spending 100.00 on a meal that I could have made my self we are staying in to have a romantic dinner by candlelight. I know that if you work all day by the time you get home who feels like cooking a three course meal? Well if you plan accordingly you actually enjoy your self and not be up late.
1. Make your menu before hand & go shopping early
2. Don’t wait to buy your ,food, your decor and most importantly your gift!!!!! The later you wait the less you have to choose from
3. Make it romantic….show your partner you care….. You don’t always have to spend money to express your feelings.
4. Try cooking together…one person doesn’t have to make the whole meal.
5. No distractions! Cut off the tv,the phone or any kind of electronic device that keep you from your partner .
6. Make Dessert…. TOGETHER !!!! Nothing is more sexier than making chocolate covered strawberries … At home ( recipe below)
6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
1 pound strawberries with stems (about 20), washed and dried very well
Put the semisweet and white chocolates into 2 separate heatproof medium bowls. Fill 2 medium saucepans with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Turn off the heat; set the bowls of chocolate over the water to melt. Stir until smooth. (Alternatively, melt the chocolates in a microwave at half power, for 1 minute, stir and then heat for another minute or until melted.)
Once the chocolates are melted and smooth, remove from the heat. Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper. Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries. Dip a fork in the white chocolate and drizzle the white chocolate over the dipped strawberries.
Set the strawberries aside until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.
Enjoy the dessert …Enjoy each other….Enjoy love!!!!